Lancope Unveils New Version of StealthWatch System for Enhanced Network Visibility, Security Context and Incident Response
Latest technology features intuitive web interface and sophisticated alarming capabilities to accelerate threat detection and improve network forensics
ATLANTA, March 24, 2014 – Lancope, Inc., a leader in network visibility and security intelligence, unveils the latest version of its behavioral-based security monitoring platform, StealthWatch® System 6.5. The new version delivers enhanced usability and security analytics for unprecedented network visibility and threat detection. Through a new, intuitive web interface and advanced security alarming, StealthWatch System 6.5 makes it easier for organizations to quickly identify and thwart sophisticated attacks that bypass perimeter defenses.
“This past year has brought about a whole new wave of threats and an increased intensity when it comes to sophisticated, targeted attacks and high-profile data breaches,” said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “Today’s security technologies must evolve as quickly as the threat landscape, and enterprise security teams must now play a much more active role in threat defense. Lancope provides the types of valuable tools and in-depth security intelligence necessary to address today’s most dangerous attacks without expending excessive resources.”
New StealthWatch Security Capabilities
- The Operational Network & Security Intelligence (ONSI) dashboard closely aligns StealthWatch System alarms to the attacker’s “kill chain,” turning network and security data into actionable intelligence for faster detection and removal of threats.
- New “data hoarding” alarms detect when outside attackers or malicious insiders are removing data from critical locations such as file servers or Point of Sale (PoS) terminals to help prevent damaging data breaches.
- StealthWatch Labs Security Updates provide additional protection from major threats by delivering behavioral security algorithms to Lancope customers outside of their product update cycles.
- User-defined Threat Criteria allow Lancope customers to further expand their network protection by creating custom security events and alarms based on their own security policies or specific threats to their environment.
Additional StealthWatch Enhancements
- An intuitive Web interface delivers a simple, elegant and powerful platform for enhanced usability and early threat detection.
- Active Directory integration in the user interface provides additional user identity details, such as office location, contact information and job role, for advanced troubleshooting of network and security issues.
- Custom application configuration enables users to detect custom applications within their environment to assist in the identification of anomalous traffic.
“As the threat landscape continues to evolve, Lancope remains on the cutting edge by providing new detection algorithms and functionality for fending off the latest attack vectors,” said Kerry Armistead, vice president of product management for Lancope. “StealthWatch System 6.5 delivers substantial new security capabilities alongside greater ease-of-use to maximize network protection for government agencies and enterprises worldwide.”
By leveraging NetFlow and other flow data from existing infrastructure, the StealthWatch System delivers pervasive network visibility, combined with advanced security context, for detecting a wide variety of threats including zero-day malware, DDoS attempts, insider threats and APTs. StealthWatch System 6.5 is currently available with entry-level system pricing beginning at U.S. domestic $71,495. Existing Lancope customers will receive StealthWatch System 6.5 as part of their maintenance service. For additional details on the new version, go to: http://www.lancope.com/files/collateral/Lancope-DS-StealthWatch-Whats-New-6.5.pdf.
Lancope, Inc. is a leading provider of network visibility and security intelligence to defend enterprises against today’s top threats. By collecting and analyzing NetFlow, IPFIX and other types of flow data, Lancope’s StealthWatch® System helps organizations quickly detect a wide range of attacks from APTs and DDoS to zero-day malware and insider threats. Through pervasive insight across distributed networks, including mobile, identity and application awareness, Lancope accelerates incident response, improves forensic investigations and reduces enterprise risk. Lancope’s security capabilities are continuously enhanced with threat intelligence from the StealthWatch Labs research team. For more information, visit www.lancope.com.
# # #
©2014 Lancope, Inc. All rights reserved. Lancope, StealthWatch, and other trademarks are registered or unregistered trademarks of Lancope, Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Lesley Sullivan/Kendra Dorr
+1 (781) 684-0770