In the past 24 months, most organizations represented in this study had at least one security incident and expect another will occur in the near future. Some of the most prominent findings from this research include:
- Network Audit trails are the most effective tool for incident response
- CSIRTS are ill-prepared to respond to Cyber Threats
- Management is largely unaware of cyber security threats
- Investment is critical for effective cyber incident response programs
- Metrics can help determine CSIRT effectiveness
Survey and research provided by the Ponemon Institute.