Manufacturing companies typically handle massive, complex and geographically dispersed networks. Administrators not only have to ensure network performance and security, but must also protect the company’s intellectual property (IP), such as new product designs or prototype information, from being leaked or stolen. In today's era of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), companies with valuable intellectual property can never be too vigilant when it comes to online security.
How does the StealthWatch System help?
Lancope’s StealthWatch System leverages NetFlow and other types of flow data from existing infrastructure to deliver borderless visibility across physical and virtual networks. The system eliminates network blind spots and reduces total network and security management costs, while dramatically improving incident response and network forensics.
In order to optimize network and security operations, the StealthWatch System:
- Detects a wide range of cyber-attacks that bypass perimeter defenses, including APTs and zero-day attacks
- Ties individual users to suspicious file transfers/downloads, such as confidential company information, to detect insider threats
- Allows IT, network and security staff (across multiple network segments) to have a single, common source of essential network and security data — significantly reducing the cost, time and resources spent on incident response
- Supports highly segmented, high-speed internal networks and fully meshed network environments
- Maintains network availability, integrity and performance of crucial business processes
- Identifies policy violations, unauthorized activity/applications, misconfigured hosts, and other rogue devices
- Isolates the root cause of problems on the network
- Discovers and inventories the underlying assets of the corporate network
- Allows detailed network performance analysis for capacity planning
“StealthWatch gives us much needed insight into the behavior of our network without the need to sift through countless logs of data. Now we can quickly determine why our network is slow.